The DRI Foundation supports local non-profits helping their community every day, such as New York food assistance organization Feeding Westchester.
Feeding Westchester’s mission is to end hunger in Westchester County. The heart of a network of more than 300 partners, it sources and distributes food and other resources to towns across Westchester. Feeding Westchester’s program areas are:
- Food Recovery – Every year, it recovers more than 3 million pounds of good, nutritious food that would otherwise go to waste
- Fresh Produce – It provides nourishing choices that support wellness, health and strength, and
- Children’s Programs – Nearly 60,000 children in Westchester County live in poverty low enough to federally qualify them to receive free or reduced-price school lunch.
- Food Assistance – It supplies 95% of all food distributed annually by the region’s local agencies
- Education – It offers resources and education for a lifetime of healthier eating.
“Thank you for your help during this challenging time,” it told supporters. “Your donation will be used to source and safely distribute food throughout Westchester County during this crisis.”
The DRI Foundation is proud to support such nonprofit organizations in communities impacted by disasters to provide crucial assistance. 100 percent of the money collected goes to local organizations that are an integral part of their communities. Click here to donate.