About the Scholarship
- Applications are accepted throughout the year.
- Confirmations will be sent to applicants within 48 hours of receipt of application
- Each selected candidate will be eligible to select a DRI International BCLE2000 (Business Continuity Planning) class to attend
- The scholarship will entitle each selected candidate to attend:
- A free DRI International BCLE2000 course (“the course”) including qualifying examination,
- For those who pass the qualifying examination, a free DRI International certification application.
- Scholarship must be used within 18 months of receipt of award
Applications will be accepted from:
- Active duty military; or
- Veterans who have separated from the service within 5 years of application, and
- Veterans who received an honorable discharge or a general discharge under
- honorable conditions and,
- Veterans who served a minimum of 2 years Active Duty, this includes service in:
- Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard, or
- Reserves or National Guard on Title 10 Call-ups, or
- Active Guard/Reserves (AGR)
- Please complete all portions of the application form
- All applications must be signed – this may be done electronically by simply inserting the applicant’s name in the signature block.
- Active duty /AGR/ Reserve and National Guard personnel must provide a letter from your commanding officer on official government letterhead. DO NOT send a copy of your common access card.
- Veterans provide proof via a DD214; with personal information removed/blacked out
- Block 1—remove first and middle name (keep the last name)
- Block 3—remove Social Security Number
- Block 5—remove Date of Birth
- Block 7a and b—remove Place of Entry and Home of Record
- Block 10—remove SGLI Coverage
- Block 19 a and b—remove Mailing Address and Nearest Relative
- On reverse side Block 1 and 3—remove first and middle name and Social Security Number
- Provide at least two references such as a supervisor or another service member
- Include a current resume
- All references to the applicant’s actual identity will be removed to ensure impartial judgment
Applications will be judged by an independent committee.
- Applicants will receive a notification email and/or letter informing them whether they have been awarded a scholarship or not within 1 week of the award dates.
APPLICATION DATE REVIEW AWARD DATE
January – March April May
April – June July August
July – September October November
October – December January February
- Scholarship recipients have 30 days after award notification to select the BCLE2000 class they wish to attend.
- Recipients must inform DRI within 30 days of class start if they will not be able to attend the selected class.
- Recipients attend the selected class and take the exam. If recipients pass the exam they will be provided a code to complete the certification application.
- Academic history may be released to the scholarship selection committee. Scholarship recipient will release to DRI International and the DRI Foundation the right use name, application information, story, and pictures for printed and video materials, reports, and press releases, without compensation, as well as attendance ceremonies and receptions, as
- Scholarship recipients must register for the course, within one year of receipt of an acceptance notification, using the registration system currently in effect.
- Failure to attend the registered course session, without prior written notice, will result in permanent loss of current and
any future scholarships.
- The decisions of the judges are final.