The DRI Foundation is proud to provide support to the D’Andre D. Lampkin Foundation for its work helping the community.
The Lampkin Foundation is a charitable organization operating programs throughout California that have a significant impact in a wide range of issue areas, including education, economic development, climate change research, health and wellness, and providing healthy alternatives for under-served communities.
On Mar. 16, 2021, a large fireworks explosion on West Francis St. rocked Ontario, CA, killing two and injuring others. In response to the Francis Incident, the Lampkin Foundation put resources toward:
- Forming a genuine partnership to reduce the long-term impact of the Francis Incident in the community
- Providing support to recruit and coordinate volunteers for community driven projects
- Directing survivors to the appropriate resources as provided by the City of Ontario and partnering organizations
- Providing COVID-19 compliant spaces for organizations offering counseling and respite services, and
- Funding unmet needs with monetary donations to the Lampkin Foundation specifically earmarked for the Francis Incident and utilizing funds as a “last resort”.
The DRI Foundation is proud to support such nonprofit organizations in communities impacted by disasters to provide crucial assistance. 100 percent of the money collected for the Global Pandemic Fund will go to small, local organizations that are an integral part of their communities. Click here to donate.