Volunteer Day at DRI2018 in Nashville was a huge success! The DRI Foundation had close to 50 dedicated volunteers working hard in the community and the best part of the day was that we had a lot of fun doing it! It’s really amazing to see what a close-knit group of Certified Professionals can accomplish in just a few hours. Here are some of the highlights from this year’s event:
- February 10, 2018 was proclaimed DRI Foundation Day citywide across Nashville.
- We mobilized 23 volunteers at Operation Stand Down Tennessee where we refurbished a veterans storefront and re-stocked their thrift store.
- We had 24 volunteers at Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee where we sorted and packed 9,440 pounds of food (roughly 4 tons) which will be turned into 7,866 meals to feed the hungry.
Over the years, friendships have formed and a great deal of good has been build from volunteerism through the DRI Foundation. In the two years I have been involved as the Director of Volunteerism, I could not be more proud of the work we have done and the people who have come out to support our mission. I can’t wait to see what Las Vegas has in store for us!
Click here to see all the photos from our Volunteer Day activities.
The DRI Foundation is seeking individuals to join the Volunteerism Committee. The DRI Foundation is a vehicle for Certified Professionals to ‘give back’ to people, communities and entities in need following an outage or disaster impacting many. What better way to do that than with the global community of certified business continuity professionals within our network?
The Volunteerism Committee plays an important role in carrying out the DRI Foundation’s mission and the Committee will take part in the following:
- Take part in the planning of Volunteer Day 2018 in Nashville, TN.
- Discuss strategies for long-term volunteerism efforts for the Foundation.
- Coordinate with other DRI Foundation committees.
If you are interested, please complete this form:
You will be contacted by the Director of Volunteerism, Michele Ostler, with more information.