After Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the DRI Foundation encourages business continuity professionals and friends to help communities bounce back after disaster and rebuild stronger by taking action on Giving Tuesday, Nov. 26.
Last year, the DRI Foundation held a competition between three charities it has successfully worked with: Mennonite Central Committee, Team Rubicon USA, and Water Mission. Each organization was encouraged to promote its mission among its Twitter followers, tweeting and retweeting their support using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #DRIFoundation throughout the day.
The awareness our community spread about the organizations rebuilding and relief efforts was tremendous. The generosity of Giving Tuesday made this possible. Each organization received waves of tweets from their followers – and in the final tally, Water Mission won, earning the Foundation’s $5,000 donation.
The impact that the DRI Foundation makes depends on the generous support of the business continuity community. This Giving Tuesday, help the DRI Foundation support communities in need to bounce back from disasters and rebuild stronger.
Here is how you can help:
- Make a donation toward the DRI Foundation’s disaster recovery efforts.
- See if your employer will match your Giving Tuesday with Double the Donation.
- Donate your unused gift card balances or credit card points through Charity Choice.
- Sign up to volunteer at DRI2017. For more information, please contact Michelle Ostler, director of volunteerism at email@example.com.
- Start a Crowdrise fundraising campaign.
- Don’t for get to tweet your #unselfie to @DRI_Intl and let us know how you plan to give back on #GivingTuesday with the #DRIFoundation
The DRI Foundation thanks our generous supporters who make our efforts possible.