This #GivingTuesday, Dec. 1, the DRI Foundation will be awarding a $5,000 prize donation to one of three worthy charities – and it’s up to you to select the winning recipient via Twitter!
Cast your vote on Twitter for one of these excellent nonprofit organizations the Foundation has previously worked with for its Nepal relief efforts:
- Mennonite Central Committee (@mccorg) – MCC works with local groups to respond to disasters and distribute resources in ways that minimize conflict and advocates for policies that will lead to a more peaceful world.
- Team Rubicon (@teamrubicon) – Team Rubicon unites the skills and experiences of military veterans with first responders to rapidly deploy disaster response teams to communities affected by disasters across the country.
- Water Mission International (@water_mission) – Water Mission International tackles the world’s single biggest cause of illness – lack of safe water and adequate sanitation by providing safe water to more than two million people in 49 countries.
Here’s how to place your vote:
- Log onto Twitter and follow @DRI_Intl, along with the charity you want to win
- Tweet your support of the organization of your choice by copying and pasting one of these three messages (or retweeting your chosen organization’s tweet):
- For #GivingTuesday, I want @DRI_Intl’s #DRIFoundation to pick @mccorg for its $5000 prize donation!
- For #GivingTuesday, I want @DRI_Intl’s #DRIFoundation to pick @teamrubicon for its $5000 prize donation!
- For #GivingTuesday, I want @DRI_Intl’s #DRIFoundation to pick @water_mission for its $5000 prize donation!
- At the end of the 24-hour period, the Foundation will tally up the results and announce the winning charity!
- The hashtags #DRIFoundation and #GivingTuesday must be in the tweet.
- The handle of the organization for which you are voting (@mccorg, @teamrubicon, or @water_mission) must be in the tweet.
- Only one tweet or retweet per account will be counted toward the tally for that organization.
- Only tweets published on #GivingTuesday itself (December 1) will be counted.
The DRI Foundation looks forward to hearing from you and is excited to join in this special #GivingTuesday event!