On Sept. 10, 2015, the DRI Foundation joined the Michigan State Police, the Battle Creek Response Consortium, Do1Thing, and Target on Sept. 10 at the 2015 Prepare Fair to educate and empower the local community in preparing for the unexpected. Attendees learned about local emergency response agencies, how to develop a family emergency plan and how to create an emergency preparedness kit. They also got the chance to meet local first responders and volunteers. The annual event, this year held at the Target in Battle Creek, MI, is free of charge and open to anyone.
At the DRI booth, the first 46 visitors were given a small kit for stopping by. And at 6:30, we held a drawing for a free conference pass to DRI2016!
Congratulations to the drawing winner, Gabriel A Garriga of FEMA! We’ll see you in Atlanta.
Here’s the complete list of organizations in attendance:
- American Red Cross
- Athens Township Fire Department
- Battle Creek CERT
- Battle Creek Fire Department
- Battle Creek Police Department
- Bronson Battle Creek
- Calhoun Co. Public Health Dept.
- Calhoun County Consolidated Dispatch Authority
- Calhoun County Sheriff Department
- DRI International
- Family & Children Services-Response Consortium
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Food Bank of South Central Michigan
- Marshall Police Department
- Michigan Attorney General OK2SAY / CSI Program
- Michigan State Police Aviation
- Michigan State Police Bomb Squad
- Michigan State Police Canine Unit
- Michigan State Police Communications
- Michigan State Police CVED
- Michigan State Police Emergency Support Team
- Michigan State Police Recruiting
- Michigan State Police Underwater Recovery Unit
- MISS DIG System, Inc.
- The Salvation Army