This September is National Preparedness Month, FEMA’s annual campaign to promote disaster planning and communication among families, companies, and communities. This year’s theme:“Don’t Wait. Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today.”
Each week in September will focus on a different hazard theme — it’s a great reason for refresher training on the preparedness plans in your organization:
- Week 1: September 1-5 Flood
- Week 2: September 6-12 Wildfire
- Week 3: September 13-19 Hurricane
- Week 4: September 20-26 Power Outage
- Week 5: September 27-30 Lead up to National PrepareAthon! Day (September 30)
The DRI Foundation looks forward to participating as well, by sharing resources, recommendations, and recent news to promote preparedness and resilience each week in September on its website and through social media — follow @DRI_Intl and use the hashtag #DRIFoundation to interact with us, and tell us how you’re making the most of National Preparedness Month!